DEPARTMENT OF Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The Department of Management Studies (DMS) was established in the year 2006 with approval of AICTE and affiliation of JNTUK. We are offering Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme with intake 60. The programme is of two year duration and offered in four semesters. The regulations and syllabus that are in vogue of JNTUK are strictly addressed to. Admissions are made on the basis of merit marks secured by the student in the ICET examination.
The department is determined with great ideas of developing value based empowerment, corporate managers and building young entrepreneurs. Several modern pedagogical methods and techniques are used to motivate the students. Apart from seminars, presentations, quiz competitions, case studies, soft skills, group discussions, mock interviews, training and development programmes, brain storming sessions etc.
To become recognized as a selective management program that produces well-rounded business entrepreneurs.
We achieve our vision by imparting value based education to students and enable them to become global business leaders and entrepreneurs. We will focus on continuous teaching learning process, own research capacity of the department and continuously interact with industry to be up to date in our teaching-learning process.
- Develop effective written non verbal and verbal communication skills.
- Develop an understanding of the global, socio-political and ethical context of business.
- Use and integrate knowledge from core areas of business
Effectively use strategic analysis and decision-making skills, supported by appropriate quantitative methods and information technology.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES:
- Effective oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Prepare logically constructed and relevant oral and written arguments and information
- Demonstrate professional interaction and communication skills
- Team participation and leadership
- Participate in producing positive team objectives
- Describe and apply appropriate influence tactics
- Describe best practices for effective leadership and demonstrate the ability to lead in organizational situations
- Functional business knowledge of marketing, operations, information technology, finance, accounting, statistics and quantitative analysis
MBA Program Goals and Objectives
The MBA seeks to develop students into leaders ready to tackle the challenges of today's global business environment. This is accomplished through the following learning goals and objectives:
- Integrative experience and experiential learning
- Formulate an integrative business project through the application of multidisciplinary knowledge
- Social, legal and ethical responsibilities of organizations and society
- Analyze the impact of decisions and actions on stakeholders including interpersonal, societal, environmental, and organizational considerations
- Demonstrate awareness of economic, environmental, political, legal, and regulatory contexts of global business practice
- Understand, analyze, and apply ethics frameworks to corporate social responsibility and ethical decision making
- Strategic and innovative thinking skills to enable effective decision-making and problem solving
- Develop skills to generate novel and value-creating products, processes, or organizational forms
- Identify problems, define objectives collect and analyze information, evaluate risks and alternatives, and leverage technology to enable qualitative and quantitative methods to solve problems
- Assess environment and opportunities; align business activities and develop and implement strategic change in complex and uncertain conditions
Head of the Department:
Mr. U. RAMU, MBA, PGDBM, (Ph.D.)
Mr. U. RAMU is an Associate Professor and Head of the Department of MBA, at Viswanadha Institute of Technology and Management (VITAM).
Mr. U. RAMU, obtained MBA from Andhra University first class with distinction and completed his PGDBM from Dr. N.S. Kolla School of Business with first class and he is pursuing Ph.D. from Andhra University in the field of Human Resource Management. He was ratified as Assistant Professor Department of Management Studies at JNTU-Kakinada. He is having 8 years of teaching experience and guided more than 100 projects in Post Graduation level.
Mr. U. RAMU has rendered his services in the capacities of to build up young managers, to encourage young entrepreneurs, to conduct regular Business-club activities like Business Quiz, Group Discussions, Add-Making, Case Studies, Awareness on Entrepreneurship, etc., He taught Several subjects like Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Marketing Management, Advertising and Brand Management, Managerial Economics and Research Methodology, Etc., He is having good Leadership, Motivational and controllability skills.
Mr. U. RAMU, is also conducting several CRT (Campus Recruitment Training) Programmes, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes, Career Guidance Programmes for all final year students of B.Tech., and MBA.
Mobile: 9494753310 / 9949252159
E-mail id: email@example.com