DEPARTMENT OF Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE)
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering is established in the year 1998 with an intake of 60 students and affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada. The department is supported by experienced faculty. It has full fledged laboratories to meet the demands of present day scenario. The programme is designed to give the skills essential for graduate engineers to become immediately employable in the global competitive environment.
The department offers curriculum of the highest quality in cutting-edge technologies to produce eminent engineers who address the challenges in sophisticated methodologies at their professional fields and excel at global level.
Electricity has become the basic need for survival of human beings everywhere. From household to industrial plants, electronic equipment, computers etc., all require electricity.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering is one of the core fields of engineering, always evergreen in terms of scope and job prospects and is multi-disciplinary in nature, representing a veritable synergy of different technologies ranging from Artificial Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic, Micro-Controllers, subjects of Generation, Transmission and Distribution of power, Power System Operation & Control, Electrical Machines and Power Electronics etc.
Electrical Engineers are expected a rapid employment growth in the coming years. There is a strong demand for Electrical Engineers in almost all industrial sectors.
To impart quality education through exploration and experimentation and generate socially conscious engineers, embedding ethics and values, for the advancement in science and technology.
To educate students with a practical approach to dovetail them to industry-needs.
- To govern the institution with a proactive and professional management with passionate teaching faculty.
- To provide holistic and integrated education and achieve over all development of students by imparting scientific and technical, social and cognitive, managerial and organizational skills.
- To compete with the best and be the most preferred institution of the studious and the scholarly.
- To serve the community as disciplined responsible citizens in a rapidly changing and expanding global community.
- To forge strong relationships and linkage with the industry.
PROGRAMME OBJECTIVES (PEOs):
The program aims to create technologists equipped to lead various organizational functions that demand application of working knowledge in areas related to Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and instrumentation systems to successfully address the needs of the customer and society. Learning from the program will help the student develop and implement innovative technological solutions for industrial problems. Going beyond the technical competency, the program will enable communication skills to effectively interact as members of cross functional teams. The students are instilled with values of professional responsibility and commitment to ethical action.
The Programme Objectives of B.Tech programmes are:
- To prepare graduates who will be successful professionals in industry, government, academia, research, entrepreneurial pursuit and consulting firms
- To prepare graduates who will contribute to society as broadly educated, expressive, ethical and responsible citizens with proven expertise
- To prepare graduates who will achieve peer-recognition; as an individual or in a team; through demonstration of good analytical, design and implementation skills
- To prepare graduates who will thrive to pursue life-long learning to fulfil their goals
- To provide the highest level of education in technology and science and to produce competent, creative and imaginative engineers.
- To promote a spirit of free and objective enquiry in different fields of knowledge.
- To make a significant contribution towards the development of skilled technical manpower
- To create an intellectual reservoir to meet the growing demands of the nation.
- The undergraduate programs are designed to achieve these objectives and to inculcate in the student concepts and intellectual skills, courage and integrity, awareness of and sensitivity to the needs and aspirations of the society.
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
Undergraduate engineering programmes are designed to prepare graduates to attain the following program outcomes:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering in practice
- An ability to identify, critically analyse, formulate and solve engineering problems
- An ability to select appropriate engineering tools and techniques and use them with dexterity
- An ability to design a system and process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as health, safety, security and manufacturability
- An ability to devise and conduct experiments, interpret data and provide well informed conclusions
- An ability to understand the impact of engineering solutions within purview of laws, in a contemporary, global, economic, environmental, and societal context for sustainable development
- An ability to function professionally with ethical response ability as an individual as well as in multidisciplinary teams with positive attitude
- An ability to communicate effectively
- An ability to appreciate the importance of goal setting and to recognize the need for life-long learning
To produce well informed socially responsible global citizen with sharp critical thinking skills having sound awareness about finance management, engineering laws and human rights, ethics and values. They will have entrepreneurial spirit.
1. To introduce students to monitor, analyze and control any physical system.
2. To understand students how different types of motors work and their construction.
3. To provide a student a knowledge to design and create novel products and solutions for real life Problems.
4. To introduce students a knowledge to use modern tools necessary for electrical projects.
1. To use the techniques and skills for electrical projects.
2. Design a system, component or process to meet desired needs in electrical engineering.
3. Measurement of speed at different induced electro motive force.
4. Ability to design the machines like length of the core, diameter extra.
5. Ability to measure speed current and voltage with tacho meter, ammeter and voltmeter.
6. Ability to use Digital voltmeters and analog tacho meters.
- Graduates will have technical knowledge, skills and competence to identify, comprehend and solve problems of industry and society
- Graduates learn and adapt themselves to the constantly evolving technology to pursue higher studies and undertake research
- Graduates will engage in lifelong learning and work successfully in teams with professional, ethical and administrative acumen to handle critical situations.
- To experience success in electrical and electronics engineering areas or other diverse fields that requires analytical and professional skills.
- To stimulate students to contribute to their fields or professions and to excel them in professional ethics and leadership qualities.
- To inculcate in students, professional attitude, effective communication skills and capability to succeed in multi-disciplinary and diverse fields.
- To promote students to continue to pursue professional development, including continuing or advanced education relevant to their career growth and to create enthusiasm for life-long learning.
Head of the Department:
Sri. A. PRASADA RAO, M.Tech.