DEPARTMENT OF Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
Enabling digital acumen with LIVEWIRE approach
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 1998. The Department offers Undergraduate programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
The Department has a separate Computer Centre with Pentium IV Systems equipped with software applications and suites such as MATLAB, XILINX ISE and Multi - SIM packages. It has a substantial collection of teaching tools, instruments, equipment and computers for conducting experiments in different domains of Electronics and Communication Engineering. We are committed to involve students in conceptual instruction and real-time practicals by encouraging them to do extensive study and research with the support of library, internet and industry. Technical discussions, symposiums, paper submissions, seminars are regularly conducted. The students have also been working on various microcontroller and embedded system based electronics projects under the active guidance of faculty members.
- The department admires technology Development through innovations and its exploitation for the benefit of human kinds.
- The ECE department at VITAM under JNTUK University is running B.Tech and M.Tech Programs in Electronics & Communication Engineering with intake of 120 and 18 respectively. It is equipped with the latest experimental and computational facilities for taking up R & D in various fields.
- Every year more than 80% students are being placed in MNCS like Wipro, TCS, TechMahendra Satyam, Telecom Sector and other Public Sectors.
The Department is proud to have several well equipped Laboratories.
- Digital signal Processing Lab
- Electronics Cmputer Aided Design Lab
- VHDL Labty
- Analog and Digital Communication Lab
- Microwave Lab
- Pulse and Digital Circuits
“To produce professionally competitive engineering graduates in Electronics & Communication Engineering with concern for society.”
- To impart quality education to the students in the domain of Electronics & Communication Engineering and related fields to make them professionally competitive.
- To import required skills to the students to make them employable with minimum orientation.
- Develop self-learning abilities and professional ethics to enable them to serve the society
The Program Objectives (POs) describe the professional accomplishments of our graduates about four years after having completed the under-graduate program in Electronics and Communication Engineering. We describe the progress of our graduates through three POs. The first PO reflects their professional career pursued through the knowledge acquired, the second PO is focussed on their desire to upgrade their technical skills, and the third PO describes their communication skills and team skills.
The POs of the program is as under:
- Graduates will professionally progress in Electronics, Communication and related areas with an inclination towards continuous learning.
- Graduates will work in diversified teams of multidisciplinary environment
- Graduates will exhibit good inter-personal skills, adapt themselves for changes in contemporary technology
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES:
These attributes are measured at the time of Graduation, and hence computed every year for the outgoing Batch. The PSO’s are addressed and attained through the Course Outcomes (COs) of various courses of the curriculum.
- Ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals for solution of complex engineering problems.
- Ability to identify, formulates, research literature, and analyzes complex engineering problems.
- Ability to design solution for complex engineering problems addressing concerns of the Society.
- Ability to use research based knowledge and research methods including design of Experiments to provide desired results.
- Ability to learn and apply appropriate modern tools for engineering solutions.
- Ability to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and follow them in professional practice
- Ability to understand the impact of professional practices on sustenance of environment and Society..
- Ability to apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics in engineering practice.
- Ability to function on an inter- disciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to understand engineering and management principles and apply them to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects
- Ability to engage in lifelong learning.
To emerge as a Centre of Academic Excellence in Electronics, Communication and related domains through Knowledge generation, acquisition and dissemination meeting the global needs and standards. Imparting quality education through state of the art curriculum, conducive learning environment and Research with scope for continuous improvement leading to overall professional Success.
Head of the Department:
SURESH ANGADI, M.Tech., (Ph.D.)
E-mail : email@example.com