DEPARTMENT OF Civil Engineering (CIVIL)
The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 1998. It offers Undergraduate Course in Civil Engineering and Post Graduate course in Structural Engineering.
Laboratories of the Department use instruments and equipments conforming to ISI standards to deliver precise results. Students gain hands-on exposure and experience. Its laboratories utilize licensed software such as Auto-CAD 2006 and Stadd-pro-2006.
The Department has well-stocked library with latest editions, reference books, manuals and journals.
We encourage students to undertake field trips and participate in workshops and seminars, involve in communication skill programs and organize technical festivals. We vigorously implement the Industry-Institute Interaction with the support of local organizations like Vizag Steel, Vizag Port Trust, PWD, Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation etc.
The successful placement of our students in many infrastructure companies of the nation keeps the spirit of the Department high.
- Instruments and equipment in the laboratories conform to ISI standards in yielding precise results.
- Licensed software: Auto-CAD 2006 and Stadd-Pro-2003 has been in use.
- Well-stocked Dept. library with latest editions, reference books, manuals and journals.
- Encouragement to students to undertake field trips and participate in workshops and seminars.
- Activities for inculcation of communication skills and technical festivals for organizing skills.
- A vibrant Industry-Institute Interaction with Vizag Steel, Vizag Port Trust, PWD, Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation.
- Successful placement of the students in numerous infrastructure organisations of the country.
To provide excellent CIVIL Engineering education invaluable to the society to make significant contribution to the technical and economic development of the state, region and nation.
- To produce globally competitive students for a successful career in CIVIL Engineering by imparting quality education.
- To provide advanced skill and knowledge in state of the art, research and design in sub area of CIVIL Engineering and to prepare students to pursue higher studies to seek professional career and entrepreneurship.
- To inspire the student for the importance of social service, through educational and professional activities so that they become useful to the society.
Head of the Department
Sri. PALLA SRIDHAR, M.Tech.(Ph.D.)
E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org