DEPARTMENT OF Civil Engineering (CIVIL)
The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 1998. It offers Undergraduate Course in Civil Engineering and Post Graduate course in Structural Engineering.
Laboratories of the Department use instruments and equipments conforming to ISI standards to deliver precise results. Students gain hands-on exposure and experience. Its laboratories utilize licensed software such as Auto-CAD 2006 and Stadd-pro-2006.
The Department has well-stocked library with latest editions, reference books, manuals and journals.
We encourage students to undertake field trips and participate in workshops and seminars, involve in communication skill programs and organize technical festivals. We vigorously implement the Industry-Institute Interaction with the support of local organizations like Vizag Steel, Vizag Port Trust, PWD, Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation etc.
The successful placement of our students in many infrastructure companies of the nation keeps the spirit of the Department high.
- Instruments and equipment in the laboratories conform to ISI standards in yielding precise results.
- Licensed software: Auto-CAD 2006 and Stadd-Pro-2003 has been in use.
- Well-stocked Dept. library with latest editions, reference books, manuals and journals.
- Encouragement to students to undertake field trips and participate in workshops and seminars.
- Activities for inculcation of communication skills and technical festivals for organizing skills.
- A vibrant Industry-Institute Interaction with Vizag Steel, Vizag Port Trust, PWD, Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation.
- Successful placement of the students in numerous infrastructure organisations of the country.
To provide excellent CIVIL Engineering education invaluable to the society to make significant contribution to the technical and economic development of the state, region and nation.
- To produce globally competitive students for a successful career in CIVIL Engineering by imparting quality education.
- To provide advanced skill and knowledge in state of the art, research and design in sub area of CIVIL Engineering and to prepare students to pursue higher studies to seek professional career and entrepreneurship.
- To inspire the student for the importance of social service, through educational and professional activities so that they become useful to the society.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- PEO 1. To achieve a high level technical expertise to shine in higher education / profession by obtaining knowledge in basic sciences, designs, drawings and engineering principles.
- PEO 2. To explore and apply the modern engineering tools for planning, design, execution and maintenance of works that is technically viable, economically feasible and socially acceptable.
- PEO 3.To develop good communication skills, oration, team work in their organization skills and ready to take up challenges in the present scenario
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
- PO 1. Capability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and Engineering.
- PO 2. Capability to propose, conduct experiments, and understand as well as to evaluate them.
- PO 3. Capability to design a system, components, to meet the desired needs of manufacturability and sustainability within economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety.
- PO 4. Capability to task with multidisciplinary teams.
- PO 5. Capability to recognize, overcome and clarify civil engineering crisis.
- PO 6. Ability to take up professional and ethical responsibility .
- PO 7. Capability to correspond professionally.
- PO 8. Capability to understand the impact of engineering crises and solutions in the global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- PO 9. Ability to involve in life-long learning.
- PO 10. Capability in upgrading of technology according to the current issues.
- PO 11. Capability to employ the talent, technique and contemporary Engineering tools for short falls in civil engineering and make solutions for them.
- PO 12. Capability to apply the engineering and management principles to one’s individual work and to supervise the projects as a member and team leader.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO's )
- The graduates in Civil Engineering will be able to Analyze, Design, Construct, Maintain infrastructural projects
- Assess the environmental impact of various projects and take required measures to curb environmental deterioration
Able to use latest softwares pertaining to various streams of Civil Engineering
Head of the Department
HOD and Associate Profess,