The central library is a proud partner in the institute's march in acquisition, organization and dissemination of knowledge. The knowledge hub of VITAM offers a package of information services and an ambience that is extremely conducive for assimilation of knowledge.
The central library of VITAM covers a total user area of 4500 Sq.ft., with a seating capacity of 100 and several volumes of Journals , News papers & Magazines and Digital library resources, reference books, Project reports, previous question papers. Xerox facility is available.
9.00 AM to 4.30 PM on all working days for circulation of books,issues/returns, news papers, periodicals, journals, magazines and reference section.
All Students, Faculty, Administrative staff and supporting staff of the college are entitled to become members of the central library. The membership application forms can be obtained from circulation counter and should be submitted through proper channel.
- The members of the Library consist of students, teaching and non-teaching staff. They are given a specific number of Library tickets.
- In order to get the library tickets, the students have to submit their photo in pass-port size along with their fee receipt.
- In the case of staff members, they have to furnish their copies of appointment order.
Nature of Membership
|Nature of Membership||No. of Books||Period of Loan|
|Book Bank (SC / ST)||2||Semester|
Rules & Regulations
- Silence &cleanliness should be strictly maintained.
- Cell Phones are not allowed into the library.
- Students should compulsorily carry their identity cards to the library.
- Students should enter their roll number and name in the gate register and sign in the same before entering the library.
- Books borrowed shall be returned on or before the due date indicated on the date-slip in the book. Overdue charges will be collected at Rs.1/- per day on each book returned after the due date.
- Out-going students who have completed their course of study need to take their “No Dues Certificate” from the Library.
Number of titles : 2741
Number of volumes : 35093
CD ROM’s : 120
Project reports : 600
E-journals : 250
Journals & magazines : National – 26
International – 12
Bound Volumes : 398
As a part of the package 30 personal computers are provided along with one unified library server.
E-articles on soft skills like IQ Sharpening, Project management, Team building, communication skills, Language development skills, Competitive exam materials for CAT, GRE, SAT are available. Online Access to DELNET is provided to students and faculty members.
Access to online journals IESTC (Infotrac Engineering Science & Technology Collection) is provided
E-Journals access through N-Digital Library
Note: For Username and Password Credentials please Contact Librarian
Mr. M. Dhanunjaya Naidu, M.A., M.L.I.Sc., NET, B.J.M.C., (Ph.D.)
Mr. D.V.V. Sudhakar, M.Com., M.A., M.Li.Sc.
Mr. S. Suryanarayana, M.A., M.Li.Sc.
Mr. P. Simhachalam